NFL Draft Sleeper: Zac Robinson
By John Helsley
While Mel Kiper and Todd McShay fire out their ever-evolving dueling mock drafts, Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford and Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen dominate the quarterback buzz.
The mocking doesn’t extend far enough to reveal OSU’s Zac Robinson.
But that doesn’t mean there’s not a place for Robinson in the NFL.
After a subpar senior season with the Cowboys, a season influenced heavily by injuries, a healthy Robinson earned a closer look with his practices and play at the Senior Bowl, then again at the NFL Combine.
He’s got the measurables: size, buy-some-time speed, solid fundamentals and the one thing that had been in question: arm strength.
Robinson is also tough and smart and coachable, factors that should put him on the map with more than one organization.
In an ESPN examination of draft sleepers Friday, Aaron Schatz of the Football Outsiders included Robinson as one of his 10 to watch. And Robinson is the lone quarterback on the list.
What Schatz wrote:
“Of all the quarterbacks who actually threw at the combine, Robinson might have been the most surprising. He played in a spread offense with the Cowboys but has a pro-style overhand delivery, solid seven-step drops and the arm strength to make the 35-yard post-corner throw. The spread stigma will limit his draft prospects, but Robinson has the mechanics to transcend the issues common to most who fail in that transition.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients