Talking points: Their time to shine?
by Brandon Chatmon
Several players will have increased opportunities to be a big part of Oklahoma State’s new offense. You already know about established playmakers like Kendall Hunter, but here are three names to keep an eye on this spring.
Receiver Isaiah Anderson. The redshirt sophomore has blazing speed and great quickness. He’s undersized at 5-10, 170-pounds but he’s ideal for Dana Holgorsen’s offense as a quick receiver who can provide matchup problems. Anderson looks like the ideal receiver to catch the swing passes and quick reverses that are commonplace in Holgorsen’s offense. Anderson had just one reception for 23 yards in 2009. Expect his role to increase significantly in 2010.
Running back Travis Miller. The sophomore from Marlin, Texas is a lot like Anderson. A small, quick scat back who is another fairly unknown Cowboy who could be ideal in Holgorsen’s offense. Miller had 13 carries for 59 yards (4.5 rushing yards per carry) in 2009. He’s a guy who OSU could put on the field in certain situations and completely catch defenses off guard.
Offensive guard Brandon Webb. The redshirt freshman from Owasso was a highly regarded recruit in 2009. While redshirting last season, Webb proved he has talent and he will be given every opportunity to play in 2010. Webb is very athletic and has good size at 6-foot-3, 326 pounds. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t see significant playing time this fall.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients