By John Helsley
Doing some web reading this morning and found a tasty bit at espn.com’s NFL insider spot, with Adam Schefter sending up a flare in a tweet.
Former Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant is rumored to be dining with Jerry Jones Wednesday night somewhere in Big D.
The Cowboys have apparently been long intrigued by Bryant, who would add a much-needed weapon to Dallas’ receiving corps. Bryant’s draft stock may be in decline, pending his pro day workout in his hometown of Lufkin, Texas, where a fast 40 time is needed in what is considered a critical workout.
Some draftniks have Bryant slipping all the way to No. 27, where Dallas sits and would have to make a decision on the enigmatic talent from right there in the Lone Star State. If Jones is serioustly interested, maybe he’d like to check out Bryant for himself, breaking bread and going eye-to-eye with him.
If Bryant wows in Lufkin, he could halt any downward draft momentum. So maybe Jones needs to get his own take on Bryant, in case landing him requires a trade up in the first round.
Put nothing past Jones.
No matter what, it’s all intriguing, for one of the more intriguing prospects in the entire draft…
Ford Targeting Big 12 Titles — Indirectly
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients