Weeden “average” but “progressing”
Oklahoma State held a 115-play scrimmage on Wednesday afternoon and Cowboys coach Mike Gundy was pleased with what he saw.
“Overall, I thought we had a good day,” Gundy said. “I thought there was good on both sides.”
OSU quarterback Brandon Weeden seems to be making progress in Dana Holgorsen’s offense but Gundy is expecting the redshirt junior to continue to improve.
“I thought Brandon Weeden was average,” Gundy said. “I thought he made some good plays, I thought at times he made some bad throws.”
Holgorsen said Weeden’s up-and-down results are to be expected for a guy with just over two weeks’ worth of spring practices under his belt.
“(It’s coming along) slowly,” Holgorsen said. “That’s obviously to be expected. Brandon got better today. Brandon I thought was a little cooler than in the past. I thought he handled some things that were thrown at him that he had problems with here the first six practices, so he is progressing. He’s just a guy that needs a bunch of reps because he hasn’t played football for five years, so he needs just to continue to take snaps and get better.”
OSU will hold its final practice of the week on Friday and the Spring Game will be played on April 17 at Boone Pickens Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients