Leach, Carroll among big names to visit Stillwater
Several big names have come through Stillwater this spring to watch Oklahoma State’s football practice. Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and Boise State coach Chris Peterson have visited the Cowboys and head coach Mike Gundy.
“It’s good to have other head coaches here listen to them talk,” Gundy said. “It gives me the opportunity to learn.”
Leach’s appearance in Stillwater is intriguing because of his relationship with Dana Holgorsen and in-depth knowledge of the Cowboys offense. He spent time around the program serving as a sounding board for questions about the offense.
“He was around at practice and in some meetings,” Gundy said. “We visited about what we were doing, double checking X and Os. I spent some time with him and he was explaining the offense to me. It was good to see him.”
Carroll, who left USC to coach the NFL’s Seahawks after the season, was impressed with OSU’s facilities.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients