Bedlam Baseball: Kicking Up Memories
By John Helsley
Bonus Bedlam proved to be a hit, with an interesting, intriguing and entertaining game delivered in the first on-campus Bedlam baseball game since 1996.
Beautiful night. Big flies. Big plays. Big blunders. Big crowd.
Left me wanting more. (More on that in Friday’s paper).
And I’m talking more Bedlam on-campus baseball, not more of the other stuff that has at times in this series, shall we say, livened up the action.
The brawl. The beer. The bickering.
In researching the advance story for this game, I came across some classic Tom Holliday quotes concerning Bedlam. And, hey, Holliday was a classic quote, after any game.
I remember going back to the press box after games and reviewing all that Holliday said and fretting over the fact that I couldn’t get it all in the paper. That, of course, was in the days before blogs, where overflow can live a prosperous life.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients