The next great Cowboy RB?
Oklahoma State’s 2011 recruiting class is beginning to come into shape. The class features two of Texas’ top players in quarterback J.W. Walsh of Denton (Guyer) Texas and running back Herschel Sims of Abilene (Texas).
Here’s a closer look at Sims, who is considered one of the top running backs in the nation.
Sims looks like a excellent fit for the Cowboys new offense. He’s a slashing runner with superb quickness, vision and patience. You can tell he just has a natural, instinctive ability to run the ball. One thing that sticks out about Sims is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and look comfortable running routes and catching the ball.
That’s what seems to separate Sims from a lot of elite high school running backs. He shows his versatility in catching the ball while at the same time displaying tough running and breakaway ability. It’s easy to see why he’s an elite prospect, Cowboy fans should be doing cartwheels about his commitment.
It may just be the #23 he sports for Abilene, but he reminds me a lot of Ronnie Brown. Here’s a look at Herschel in action so you can decide for yourself.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4837Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4836Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4267Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients