Cowboys land commit No. 12
STILLWATER — The summer camp circuit is beginning to pay off for Oklahoma State.
Linebacker Nico Ornelas of Richland (Texas) North Richland Hills committed to the Cowboys on Monday night, according to GoPokes.com. Ornelas picked OSU over Arizona, Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas, Houston and others.
Ornelas spent time with the Cowboys coaching staff during a camp at Austin College last weekend and when OSU offered him, he jumped on the chance to become a Cowboy.
“I went to that camp and I could tell they were showing a lot of interest in me,” he told the website. “I needed to know how much interest they had, and after talking to them there was a scholarship offer and I committed. That was where I really wanted to go.”
At 6-foot-3, 195 pounds, Ornelas could project to play the star linebacker spot with his reported 4.5 speed. The junior, who also runs track for Richland, had 76 tackles last season.
He is the 12th known commitment in OSU’s class of 2011.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients