The REAL difference-makers
It’s July which means football is right around the corner. It’s the perfect time to take a closer look at Oklahoma State’s roster, so over the next week I will be taking a in-depth, position-by-position look at the Cowboys heading into the 2010 football season. Today I take a closer look at the offensive line:
#74 Grant Garner, 6-3, 290, Junior
Analysis: Garner was one of the stars of the spring. After Lane Taylor was moved to center then moved back to guard early in the spring, Garner seized the starting position and was one of the players new offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen named as one of the most impressive Cowboys.
#64 Casey LaBrue, 6-3, 290, Junior
Analysis: Offensive line coach Joe Wickline feels good about the players he has behind Garner including LaBrue. He made a strong showing in the spring.
Impact: Solid backup
#60 Evan Epstein, 6-2, 283, Sophomore
Analysis: Epstein is another center who Wickline feels good about behind Garner. He put himself in a position to compete and provide depth this fall.
Impact: Solid backup
#69 Lane Taylor, 6-2, 301, Sophomore
Analysis: Taylor is the lone returning starter on the offensive line and has a nasty streak. He stepped up last season and will be counted on to anchor the line this year.
#70 Jonathan Rush, 6-4, 314, Junior
Analysis: Rush would have likely been a starter in 2009 if he had not suffered a shoulder injury in the preseason. He’s a solid player who will help solidify the middle for the Pokes.
#51 Brandon Webb, 6-3, 326, Redshirt freshman
Analysis: The highly regarded recruit from Owasso had a solid spring and could provide quality depth this fall. Taylor and Rush seem firmly entrenched at the guard positions with Webb appearing to be a solid No. 3 option. “He’s a guy that never goes backward, he gets a little better every day,” Wickline said during the spring.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7620Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6948Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6645Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients