Where can they go, with Ugo?
It’s July which means football is right around the corner. It’s the perfect time to take a closer look at Oklahoma State’s roster, so over the next week I will be taking a in-depth, position-by-position look at the Cowboys heading into the 2010 football season. Today I take a closer look at the defensive ends:
#91 Ugo Chinasa, 6-5, 252, Senior
Analysis: With 4.5 sacks in the final five games of 2009, Chinasa began starting to play up to the potential he has been displaying since he stepped on campus. His continued improvement could be a key to OSU’s defense in 2010. And his versatility as a defensive end with the ability to drop into coverage helps the Pokes’ defense.
Impact: Starter and key member of the defense.
#50 Jamie Blatnick, 6-3, 270, Junior
Analysis: Blatnick may be the most overlooked, yet consistent performer on the defensive side of the ball. He’s solid in run defense and on the pass rush.
#99 Richetti Jones, 6-3, 264, Junior
Analysis: As a highly regarded recruit a lot has been expected of Jones. He’s shown flashes of the ability that made him an elite recruit but will be looking to be more consistent in 2010. He had 2.5 sacks in OSU’s first five games a year ago and zero sacks in the final seven contests. Regardless, he is one of the top pass rushers on the team and will be counted on to produce this year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients