Searching for a “Star”
It’s July which means football is right around the corner. It’s the perfect time to take a closer look at Oklahoma State’s roster, so over the next week I will be taking a in-depth, position-by-position look at the Cowboys heading into the 2010 football season. Today I take a closer look at the “Star” linebacker spot:
#22 James Thomas, 5-11, 215, Junior
Analysis: Thomas seems to have a knack for being around the ball. He was a contributor on special teams as Andre Sexton’s backup last season but he lacks the ideal size for the position. He has experience but he will have to continue to raise his level of play to hold off the talented youngsters behind him.
Impact: Opening day starter, special teams contributor.
#29 Joe Mitchell, 6-3, 215, Redshirt freshman
Analysis: Mitchell was one of the stars of the spring. What was most impressive about his spring was the fact he was working out on his own during the fall semester yet was able to step right in and make a impact on the field. It was an extremely quick –and impressive– transition. He has the ideal combo of size and athleticism the Cowboys are looking for at the position. He looks like a future playmaker.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3513Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3480How to help tornado victims
- 3393Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients