Hanging with Holgorsen
Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden has spent plenty of time with Dana Holgorsen since the former Houston offensive coordinator took over the Cowboys offensive attack in January. With his down-to-earth nature and frank honesty, Weeden said watching film with Holgorsen is a interesting experience.
“It’s different,” Weeden said. “He’s like “Hey, he’s open, throw it to him.” It’s almost like backyard football. There aren’t a whole lot of rules in this offense, the closest I can compare it to is 7-on-7 in the backyard.”
Reps are the focus in the offense, which depends more on the relationship between quarterback and receiver than OSU’s previous attack.
“That’s where reps come in,” Weeden said. “You hear Coach Holgorsen talk about it all the time and it’s true, we need reps to get on the same page.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients