A new hybrid position emerging?
Oklahoma State just got a commitment from Dallas (Texas) playmaker Desmond Roland.
As the Cowboys current class begins to take its final shape it is clear a new hybrid position is emerging in Dana Holgorsen’s offense. The Pokes are recruiting playmakers who are great with the ball in the open field either after the catch or after a handoff.
I would liken it to a Percy Harvin-type role. A slot receiver who ends up in the backfield at times and is constantly in motion and putting defenses at a disadvantage with his open field ability.
Here’s a look at Roland in action. He’s No. 2 in red, although the numbers are hard to read so look for the running back with white sleeves. He’s easy to see as he either gets the ball or is used as a decoy on most plays.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients