OSU insider in-depth: Justin Gilbert
by Brandon Chatmon
It’s time to take a closer look at some of the Oklahoma State commitments: Today, I decided to take a closer look at Justin Gilbert.
Here’s his vitals: Justin Gilbert, 6-0, 173, ATH, Huntsville, Texas, 4.4 speed
Future position: Gilbert is expected to line up at cornerback for the Cowboys.
Analysis: Gilbert is a special player, one of the top commits for OSU’s recruiting class of 2010. A look at Gilbert on film shows a player with great explosiveness, quickness and excellent feet. It’s easy to see why the Pokes would want him at corner. And I could see him developing into a Perrish Cox-type kick returner also. The one concern about Gilbert is his size. He’s going to have to get in the weight room and make sure he can handle the pounding of Big 12 football. That said I would expect him to have a impact as a freshman on special teams.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients