OSU insider in-depth: Tommie Saunders
by Brandon Chatmon
It’s a good time to take a closer look at some of the Oklahoma State commitments: Today, I decided to take a closer look at Tommie Saunders.
Here’s his vitals: Tommie Saunders, 6-1, 200, LB/DB, San Antonio (Texas) Madison 4.5 speed, 33 inch vertical, 305 bench, 405 squat
Future position: Saunders could line up at safety or linebacker for OSU. He’s ideal for OSU’s “star” back position.
Analysis: There’s not a lot of talk about Saunders when people discuss the top commitments of OSU’s 2010 class. But there should be. A look at Saunders on film shows a player with great closing speed, great hitting ability and exceptional talent. He is excellent in his pursuit of the football and arrives with an angry mindset. He has to be one of the hardest hitters in the Cowboys class. I could see him excelling at either position, linebacker or safety, but I could see him stepping into Andre Sexton’s spot in two or three years. The lone potential drawback I see is his ability in coverage but if he plays the “star” back spot, that’s not as big of a concern and I think he can hold his own against tight ends and even slot receivers at times. He is athletic enough to do that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients