Live from Kyle Field…
By John Helsley
Just caught Mike Gundy on the pre-game broadcast with Dave Hunziker.
Gundy addressed the Dez Bryant situation and the affect it could have on the Cowboys today.
“Been an interesting week, to say the least,” Gundy said. “As a coaching staff, especially being the head coach, the weight falls on my shoulders to make sure the team is in great spirits.”
Gundy acknowledged the initial shock.
“There was a state of shock at a certain time,” he said. “A player who’s been involved with our organization, Dez is a unique personality, but he’s a good kid at heart.
“People have always grown accustomed to liking him. Same with the team.”
Now he’s gone, at least temporarily.
“When we found out this fell on him, there was the state of shock,” Gundy said. “But we had a team meeting and were very up front with the players. We told them the truth. Mistakes were made.
“We’re in a reinstatement phase for the team and with Dez Bryant. I think it’s important people realize we have done everything we can and should do. Our football team has practiced very well the last couple of days.
“Offensively, the question comes up all the time, ‘How are you going to score points?’
“We’re going to run our offense.”
And we’re minutes away from finding out how well the offense runs without Bryant.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients