OSU 33, Missouri 17: Thoughts and Observations
by Brandon Chatmon
–Tonight’s game was definitely a tale of two halves. In the first half it didn’t look like OSU could stop anyone but in the second half they completely shut down the Tigers. In talking with the players afterwards, they seemed to think their first half struggles were largely self inflicted (missed tackles, missed assignments, etc…)
–Bill Young can coach. When his defense struggles against an offense in the first half, they seem to come out and play better in the second half and give the Pokes a chance to win. They did it against Houston and did it again tonight against Missouri.
–Keith Toston was solid again tonight. He may not be as explosive as Kendall Hunter but he is solid, consistent and versatile.
–It’s clear: Ever since the offensive line has become solidified, the Cowboys offense has been much better at moving the football on a consistent basis.
–It should be obvious at this point why Young is so big on turnovers. OSU had a plus-four turnover margin and again it changed the game.
–Solid rush defense by the Cowboys holding Missouri to 68 rushing yards and only 2.8 yards per carry.
–Hubert Anyiam is really stepping up in Dez Bryant’s absence. Anyiam has all the talent in the world, his teammates talk up the potential of the sophomore but he is starting to turn that potential into production.
–Dan Bailey had missed some FGs you would expect him to make earlier this season but the junior was very good tonight against Missouri including a career long 51-yarder.
–Is it me or does Donald Booker get better and better each week? The guy is just a playmaker, plain and simple.
–I thought Andre Sexton quietly had a very solid game. He was often matched up in coverage with a receiver and the senior from Houston held is own more often than not.
–The Cowboys defensive interior is better than I expected it to be. Derek Burton, Swanson Miller, Shane Jarka, Nigel Nicholas, Chris Donaldson. Those guys hold their own week after week yet largely go unnoticed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients