Behind Enemy Lines: Baylor
Here’s another edition of Behind Enemy Lines. This week’s Q&A is with Waco Tribune Herald beat writer John Werner.
CHATMON: The season began with so many high expectations and has been full of disappointments. What is the atmosphere around Waco and the program?
WERNER: It’s been pretty subdued since Robert Griffin went down with a season-ending knee injury.
BC: How has the team responded to the loss to Iowa State?
JW: They’ve been surprisingly upbeat this week. I think they’re happy to be home after opening the Big 12 with two road games.
BC: Clearly replacing Robert Griffin is a tough task, which quarterback to you think will ultimately lead the team the rest of the way?
JW: Coach Briles hasn’t made his decision yet, but I think it will be Nick Florence because he makes fewer turnovers.
BC: What is running back Jay Finley’s status for Oklahoma State?
JW: He’s questionable.
BC: Who are the playmakers looking to step up with Griffin out?
JW: Kendall Wright, Jarred Salubi, Ernest Smith
BC: What is the biggest strength of the team?
JW: The receivers
BC: What is the biggest weakness of the team?
JW: Offensive line
BC: Who are a couple freshman or sophomores you think could have a impact on Saturday?
JW: Freshman cornerback Chance Casey, sophomore receiver Kendall Wright
BC: What makes linebacker Joe Pawelek so special?
JW: Great intelligence and instincts
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients