OSU 34, Baylor 7: Thoughts and Observations
by Brandon Chatmon
–OSU did exactly what elite teams do against a team like Baylor. They dominated the scoreboard, they controlled the rhythm of the game and got out relatively healthy.
–Zac Robinson may be playing the best football of his career. He is running the team like a savvy veteran, he’s throwing the ball extremely well and he’s using his legs to make plays. He definitely deserves strong consideration for all Big 12 honors and maybe even the Heisman if he plays well against Texas.
–The fact the tight ends got involved on Saturday just shows how well Robinson is playing. He’s reading the defense and finding the open receiver with no preconceived notion of where to throw the ball. He basically said as much when he talked about Cooper Bassett’s touchdown. He said he read the defense pre-snap and thought, “Cooper may get his first touchdown here if they play the defense I think they are in.”
–It’s clear the Cowboys learned from the Houston game. They came out early and took care of business.
–It was good to see Beau Johnson get some carries and Keith Toston get some rest. Both guys are going to be needed against Texas.
–After watching Kendall Hunter warm up on Saturday, I don’t think he’s close to returning to his pre-injury form. He wasn’t running smoothly nor did he have that explosiveness he’s become known for. After seeing him in warmups, I think he’s itching to come back but his body just isn’t ready for him to do so yet. Let’s face it, what makes Kendall Hunter special is his great feet and ability to change direction. And he didn’t look like he is ready to do what he normally does.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients