Texas 41, OSU 14: Thoughts and Observations
by Brandon Chatmon
–What is there to say? Texas is talented, confident and full of playmakers.
–The OSU turnover bug returned against the Longhorns. You can’t turn the ball over five times and expect to win.
–It seemed like Texas speed on defense, especially in the secondary surprised Zac Robinson a little bit. The throwing windows closed quicker than he expected and the Longhorn secondary made play after play against OSU.
–Cowboys probably should have stick with the run a little more, especially early. They were having some success.
–Colt McCoy showed why he is considered among the nation’s best on the Longhorns final drive of the first half. He led his team on a 10-play, 80-yard drive in 2:09 seconds to boost Texas’ lead to 24-7. UT had three plays of 16 or more yards including a key 19-yard run on third down. They capped off the drive with a superb catch by Malcolm Williams for a 11-yard score.
–While I think OSU’s mental toughness is one of its strengths, they allowed the non-fumble call on Andre Sexton’s great play to affect them on that drive. The Longhorns converted two third downs and OSU had an unsportsmanlike penalty on that drive which ended in Williams’ TD.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients