Hoops Update: Injuries
By John Helsley
OSU will be without Teeng Akol and Nick Sidorakis for a while.
Injuries suffered in recent practices will sideline Akol and Sidorkis for a month or more. And while neither played a major role a year ago, each had been drawing raves from Cowboys coach Travis Ford for their play in the preseason.
Both players were considered key reserves by Ford, who may now be forced to get freshmen ready to take on larger roles.
Akol, a 6-11 center, has a fracture in his right hand is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Sidorkis, a 6-4 guard, won’t need surgery to repair a patela tendon injury to his right knee, but will be out 6-8 weeks.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients