OSU 34, Iowa State 8: Thoughts and Observations
by Brandon Chatmon
The Cowboys rebounded like a good team with senior leadership should after a tough loss. Zac Robinson was very efficient and the running game and offensive line dominated throughout the game.
Finally a Kendall Hunter sighting. It was good to see the All-American junior get back out there but it’s clear he doesn’t quite trust his body yet. He can’t cut like he normally can but he still had a successful return.
The Cowboys lost offensive tackle Brady Bond but you could barely even notice. The Pokes rushed for over 300 yards including Keith Toston’s 206 rushing yards.
The reason OSU’s defense was so strong against Iowa State’s running game was their aggressiveness. The Pokes clearly decided that Austin Arnaud could not beat them and went about proving it and that’s exactly what they did. They forced the Iowa State QB into several mistakes including three interceptions.
I’m still a big beleiver in getting Tracy Moore involved in the offense a bit more. The freshman from Tulsa Union just seems to make key plays when the Cowboys need it. He has a knack for getting open and catches the ball when he does.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims
- 8773Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8553Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7603Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients