Worth Watching: Who’s at QB
By John Helsley
Texas Tech has quarterback issues.
Like, who will start?
And who’s available?
And who’s best?
While much of the talk this week will center around OSU’s ability to slow the Red Raiders — something the Cowboys have long struggled to accomplish, as our man Brandon Chatmon addressed this morning in The Oklahoman — the difficulty of the job could be tied to who stands behind center on Saturday.
Could be Taylor Potts, the early season starter.
Could be Seth Doege, the freshman who replaced Potts a few weeks back.
Could be Steven Sheffield, the surprising former walk-on who has played the best, yet is trying to return from Oct. 18 foot surgery.
And it could be Saturday at 7 p.m. before we know which of the three it will be.
Here’s what Leach said Monday, when it was revealed Sheffield would give it a go this week at practice:
“We’ll see how it comes. It always is good to have more options. The more the merrier.”
Cowboys coaches say they’re preparing for anybody and everybody. And that it doesn’t matter in Tech’s system.
But for a change, it does matter. Check out the numbers.
Potts 67.2 completion percentage, 2,221 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs
Sheffield 74.5 percentage, 1,014 yards, 12 TDs, 2 INTs
Doege 62.3 percentage, 369 yards, 2 TDS, 0 INTs
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients