OSU 24, Texas Tech 17: Thoughts and Observations
by Brandon Chatmon
— A great win… but what will be remembered is this…
— Get down, Zac… Get down!
— Anymore questions about Bill Young’s defense? They shut down Texas Tech’s offense. Great gameplan, great execution.
— After being the focus of my pre-game story, Markelle Martin made me look good. The sophomore had six tackles and two passes broken up.
— One of the most impressive things about the game was the Cowboys remaining committed to the run. That’s why I wrote about it in my insider. They had a plan for the full 60 minutes and didn’t waver from it, even when they weren’t having success.
— Early on, it looked like the Cowboys were having another bad tackling game but they improved greatly in the final two-and-a half quarters.
— Zac ran for 99 yards and looked like the Zac Robinson of his sophomore year. He is simply a great player.
— While he should have gotten down and shown better awareness on the play he got knocked out of the game, he didn’t. And the reason why is the same reason he’s special. He’s extremely competitive and confident.
— The three-pronged attack of Robinson, Kendall Hunter and Keith Toston will create problems for any defense. Robinson keeps you honest, Hunter adds that little big of explosiveness and Toston is so physical and versatile. Tough to prepare and handle all of those options.
— Patrick Lavine, Patrick Lavine, Patrick Lavine. I say it every week because the guy quietly makes key plays every game. Very consistent performer and he will be missed next season.
— The Pokes have to do something about their special teams. They keep allowing big returns, largely because Quinn Sharp is so good on kickoffs, guys run don’t like they don’t expect to have to make a play.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients