Ford Takes Exception To Chat
By John Helsley
Out of nowhere it seems, an item in the Rumors section of ESPN’s college basketball page carried the title:
Matt Pilgrim: Chemistry Killer?
The item questioned Pilgrim’s two other stops (Hampton and Kentucky) in his college career and alluded to suggestions that he wasn’t a favorite of past coaches.
There was also a link to a live chat that FoxSports.com’s Jeff Goodman did with Kentucky Sports Radio, where Goodman suggested Pilgrim was a chemistry killer.
When given a heads up about Goodman’s lively chat, Cowboys coach Travis Ford took exception.
“I don’t know if Jeff Goodman has ever watched us practice. I’ve known Jeff fairly well, I don’t know if he knows Matt Pilgrim at all. From what I understand, I think that comes from something maybe he has heard form the past, long from the past. Last time I checked, Jeff Goodman has never seen my team play. Jeff Goodman has a lot of opinions. I don’t know if he’s ever even coached, I don’t know how we would know if he’s a chemistry killer.
“I hadn’t even heard until you told me that. That would be my least problem with Matt Pilgrim right now, my least problem. The biggest problem we have right now is keeping him out of foul trouble and just knocking off some of the rust. If I were Jeff Goodman I’d keep my opinions to myself until I watched the kid play.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients