OSU 31, Colorado 28: Thoughts and observations
by Brandon Chatmon
–I was very upfront about my belief that Zac Robinson shouldn’t play against Colorado. I felt OSU should be able to be Colorado with its running game and defense. Guess I was wrong…
–…or maybe I was right. If OSU had lost that game, it would have, again, been because they beat themselves. I didn’t envision five fumbles (three lost). I figured if OSU was going to turn it over it would be interceptions.
–What more can be said about Brandon Weeden. I wasn’t surprised by Weeden’s play. He just has that “it” factor much like Zac. Some people have it, some don’t it’s just that simple.
–The Cowboys need to do something about their kick coverage. A big part of the problem has been their battles with injuries. They had Donald Booker covering kicks last night, it just shows how depleted their depth really is. So I don’t know what really can be done at this point, unless they start pooch kicks.
–That Perrish Cox punt return was special. Excellent vision, excellent desire to make a big play.
–I wasn’t sure about the black uniforms at first but now I like them. That said, they are probably burning as I write this.
–Once the coaches got the confidence in Weeden, he delivered. And his 16.8 per completion shows he is looking downfield and willing to take chances. Both good attributes.
–The last thing I expected was to see Keith Toston fumble AND Kendall Hunter fumble AND Perrish Cox to muff a punt.
–Give Colorado credit for capitalizing on OSU mistakes. They scored after Toston’s fumble, Cox’s muffed punt and the blocked FG. Then returned a kickoff for a touchdown. There’s their 28 points.
–This week I wrote about Patrick Lavine making big plays when the Cowboys need it… and who forced the fumble with CU driving late? Pat Lavine. He had eight tackles including two for loss and the forced fumble.
–Cornerback Andrew McGee played extremely well. But he’s been doing that all season, so it wasn’t a huge surprise.
–The Pokes were able to get a pass rush without having to blitz, which is a good sign for OSU heading into Bedlam.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4026Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3825As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3740OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients