Inside Travis Ford’s New Contract
By John Helsley
It’s been three months since the news of Travis Ford’s rich new contract at Oklahoma State.
A deal worth $20.375 million carrying through 2019. A deal that makes Ford the highest paid hoops coach in the country under the age of 40.
Those were the basics, although big basics, revealed three months ago. Well, the contract has finally been made public, finalized and presented for public perusing.
And here’s a few of the perks of being a Division I basketball coach, at least in Stillwater:
* In addition to the compensation package — $3.725 million in base salary and $16.65 million attached to talent and personal services if he remains at OSU through the end of the deal — the school is also contributing $400,000 annually to an employee retirement program for Ford.
* A fully insured, dealer provided vehicle.
* Membership, including initiation fees, to Karsten Creek.
* As many as 30 tickets per home basketball games.
* Use of a corporate suite at Gallagher-Iba for all regular-season home basketball games.
* Four tickets for home football games.
As protection for the university, termination of the contract without cause by Ford or a new employer would require a $3 million buyout, payable within 30 days.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients