Freshman QB Nate Sorenson at WR?
Some interesting developments in Oklahoma State’s post practice notes from the Cowboys SID office.
Apparently true freshman quarterback Nate Sorenson worked out at receiver on Wednesday. The 6-foot-3, 200 pounder from Texarkana, Texas is a stellar athlete. He was a member of Texas High’s state champion relay team and was drafted in round 27 of the recent MLB draft so the fact he’s getting a look at receiver shouldn’t be a huge surprise. Brandon Weeden has praised of the speed of Sorenson, who reportedly ran a 10.73 in the 100 meter dash in high school.
The OSU staff stopped short at saying the move was permanent however.
Other news: Coach Mike Gundy singled out receiver Isaiah Anderson and linebacker James Thomas for their performances in Wednesday’s practice. That’s great news for Thomas who is battling newcomers Shaun Lewis and Joe Mitchell at the star linebacker spot. Teammates have raved about Lewis and Mitchell was one of OSU’s stars of the spring so it sounds like Thomas is stepping his game up and refusing to give up his starting position without a fight.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients