OSU’s two-deep is full of true freshmen
The Oklahoma State Cowboys released their first two-deep depth chart of the fall on Friday. Here’s a quick look at the most interesting tidbits heading into game week for the Sept. 4 opener.
— Eight true freshman have already earned a spot on OSU’s two-deep depth chart including Daniel Koenig on the offensive line and Davidell Collins on the defensive line. And that number does not include 24-year-old true freshman walk-on Tyler Johnson at middle linebacker.
— Left tackle Nick Martinez, left guard Jonathan Rush, center Grant Garner, right guard Lane Taylor and right tackle Levy Adcock make up OSU’s starting offensive line. But those who know Cowboys’ offensive line coach Joe Wickline understand the depth chart changes daily so this might not be the group that takes the field against Washington State.
— True freshman tackle Daniel Koenig has already broken into the two-deep. Koenig, who was one of the Cowboys highly recruited signees, is backing up Adcock at right tackle.
— Bo Bowling, Josh Cooper, Justin Blackmon and Tracy Moore are the Cowboys starting receivers. Hubert Anyiam is not on the two-deep as he continues to battle back from his foot injury.
— Walk on receivers Anthony Hill and Colton Chelf are listed among the Pokes’ top eight receivers. Justin Horton and Isaiah Anderson join Hill and Chelf as backup receivers. Much like the offensive line, expect OSU’s two-deep at receiver to remain very fluid as the opener approaches.
— Chelf and Bowling along with Moore and Horton are listed as co-starters at their positions.
— True freshman running back Joseph Randle is listed as the Pokes’ No. 3 running back behind Kendall Hunter and Jeremy Smith. Randle has been one of the most impressive newcomers in fall practices.
— Johnny Deaton and Clint Chelf are listed as co-backups to Brandon Weeden at quarterback.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients