Behind enemy lines: Troy
Welcome to this week’s edition of Behind Enemy Lines. Troy beat writer Drew Champlin of the Dothan Eagle was kind enough to answer some questions heading into tomorrow’s matchup between Oklahoma State and Troy.
What was the most impressive thing about Troy’s late win over Bowling Green?
The fact that they overcame early adversity and came from behind – especially with a redshirt freshman quarterback making his debut. Also, the fact that the defense didn’t allow a touchdown in the last three quarters. Troy had to replace 9 starters this year, and lost a starting safety for the year (ankle injury) two days before the opener.
Tell us more about Jerrel Jernigan, what makes him special?
He’s just fast and electric with the ball. He’s one of those guys that could take it to the house any time he touched it. Auburn didn’t want him because he’s only 5-foot-9, but he’d be the best receiver on their roster and he’d be in the playing rotation – and probably starting – for any team in the country.
Who is the guy to keep an eye on when Troy’s defense takes the field?
Cornerback Bryan Willis (#26) and linebacker Daniel Sheffield (#39) are the only two returning starters, but I’d list defensive end Mario Addison (#7), who has been in the shadows of two guys in the NFL right now over the past two seasons. He’s a senior that knows the game and can really run. He had 2 sacks (2.5 tackles for loss) and a forced fumble against Bowling Green. He’ll have to get to the QB Saturday for Troy to have a chance.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients