Is Tulsa’s run D stout? Or shaky?
Tulsa’s run defense has been solid through two games. Bowling Green and East Carolina combined for 59 carries for 196 rushing yards and five touchdowns. The Golden Hurricane is allowing just 3.32 yards per carry heading into Saturday’s game at Boone Pickens Stadium.
But a closer look at the Golden Hurricane run defense should bring a smile to Kendall Hunter’s face. According to cfbstats.com, Tulsa is allowing 7.91 yards per carry when the score is tied (11 rushes for 87 yards and two touchdowns) and 4.31 yards per carry when ahead by seven points or less (26 carries for 112 yards and one touchdown).
When the Golden Hurricane is ahead by eight or more points they are allowing negative-2 yards on 13 carries.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients