Postgame thoughts: Oklahoma State, 48- Kansas, 14
Oklahoma State took care of business on the road against Kansas today, 48-14. Though the first half was ugly and the Cowboys only led 20-14, OSU played lights out in the second half to blowout the Jayhawks. Here’s the box score.
Brandon Weeden set Oklahoma State’s single season total offense yardage record, passing Zac Robinson’s 2008 season. He finished with 389 yards and three touchdowns.
Justin Blackmon had 130 yards receiving on 10 catches, and Josh Cooper had 94 yards on seven receptions. Where does Blackmon rank in the nation’s top receivers? Could he get some votes for the Heisman Trophy?
Kendall Hunter had 105 yards on 22 carries and Jeremy Smith had a nice game running the ball, too.
The defense really stepped up in the second half. What are your thoughts on Bill Young’s crew?
Is next week’s game against Oklahoma potentially the most important game in Oklahoma State’s history? If not, where does it rank?
What are the keys to beating Oklahoma? If ESPN’s College Gameday comes to Stillwater, will you attend? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6703Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6459Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5978Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients