OSU 48, KU 14: Thoughts and observations
–Winning 10 games is a big step forward for Mike Gundy’s program. We entered this season wondering if Gundy had built a team or built a program. That question has been answered: He’s built a very good program. And it’s on the rise.
– The Cowboys win didn’t start out impressive but it ended up impressive. The defense shut down Kansas for the majority of the game, the offense almost recorded 600 yards and special teams scored a touchdown. That’s a balanced team win.
–The defense got off to a horrible start. But as bad as they were in the first 20 minutes, that’s how good they were in the final 40 minutes. KU had six drives of 10 yards or less? That’s amazing.
–It’s weird because it didn’t seem like a great day for the offense. Then you look up and they’ve got 597 total yards and 36 first downs. We’re already taking them for granted.
–I wrote a blog about Brandon Weeden not getting the attention he should be for his accomplishments earlier this week and it really hit me today. I’m not even giving him credit for his most important accomplishment: 10-1. He’s a winner. And that’s reason No. 1, 2, 3 and 4 why he deserves to be on award lists.
–It’s incredible how consistent Justin Blackmon is. I keep saying it and I will keep saying it because I’ve never seen a RECEIVER put up the same numbers week after week. Impressive.
–I’ve always wondered what would happen if Blackmon got nicked up at all. Now we know, he gets up, gets re-taped then puts up his usual numbers.
–The main reason for OSU’s slow start on defense was the inability to get off the field on third down. The Jayhawks were 4 of 5 on third down in the first quarter as they scored 14 points and gained 149 yards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6703Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6459Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5978Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients