Pokes land DT commitment
Defensive tackle depth has been a concern for Oklahoma State.
The Pokes took a step towards address that concern with the commitment of Alex Villarreal on Friday, according to GoPokes.com. A defensive tackle from Hildago, Texas, Villarreal picked OSU over Houston, Texas Tech, UTEP and Texas-San Antonio.
He visited Stillwater last weekend and decided to switch his commitment from Houston to OSU.
Villareal is 6-foot-3, 290 pounds with limited football experience but good long term potential. He had 10 sacks and 12 tackles for loss as a senior.
OSU has 25 known commitments including defensive tackle commits in Villarreal, Ashaad Mabry of San Antonio (Texas) MacArthur and spring enrollee Maurice Hayes of Bakersfield College.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients