Johnson appears ready to help immediately
With 26 current commitments, OSU has done most of the hard work for this year’s signing class with the coaching staff trying to cement their current commitments and beginning to turn their eyes toward the Class of 2012. With signing day approaching, I will finish taking a closer look at this group of future Cowboys:
Lyndell Johnson, Plano (Texas) East
Ht, Wt: 6-3, 195
Vitals (via Rivals.com): 4.46 in 40-yard dash, Bench: 240, Squat: 435, 33-inch vertical
Picked OSU over… LSU, Nebraska, Notre Dame, TCU, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Arizona and others
Pros: Very good tackler in space. Ball hawking type of safety. Appears ready to step in and play right away if needed. Could be the ideal STAR linebacker (hybrid safety/linebacker type) with the tackling ability to make an impact in the running game and the coverage ability to hold his own in the passing game.
Cons: Good not great speed. Will have to improve coverage skills.
Expect an impact in… 2011. Very talented, I’d be surprised if he didn’t make an immediate impact on OSU’s defense and special teams. You can never have too many quality defenders.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5194Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5144Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4631'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients