OSU-Tech: Five Keys
By John Helsley
follow on Twitter @jjhelsley
Just a few days ago, Jéan-Paul Olukemi dubbed OSU’s game with Texas as must-win.
The Cowboys lost, decisively and disappointingly.
Now it’s on to Texas Tech, where the Red Raiders are suddenly showing signs of life after an 0-4 start to conference play. They’ve won back-to-back games, including on the road at Iowa State Wednesday night.
Still, the Raiders are just 10-11 overall and 2-4 in the Big 12.
The Cowboys are just 2-4, too, in league play. And they’re 0-3 in enemy Big 12 venues.
If OSU is an NCAA Tournament contender, it must start winning games – and soon, as in Saturday.
So what does that make this matchup in Lubbock, must-must-win?
Five keys vs. Texas Tech:
1. What’s New? Cowboys coach Travis Ford promised offensive changes after Wednesday night’s shutdown by Texas. He didn’t get specific, suggesting they could either be lineup or style oriented. But Ford has few personnel options, meaning the tweaks are more likely tied to pace of play. And this team could actually thrive on the run, with slasher types at several spots. Stay tuned.
2. Maintain Focus. OSU has been hampered by ragged play just before – and after – halftime. In four of their last five games, the Cowboys have been outscored 57-8 during the minutes crossing over the two halves. Three of those games have been losses. The Pokes must maintain focus and carry it out of the locker room as well, with little wiggle room to allow teams to make a run.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients