Calling (out) Matt Pilgrim
By John Helsley
follow on Twitter @jjhelsley
Called out Matt Pilgrim in an OSU Insider a couple weeks ago.
Here we go again.
The news of sexual assault charges against Cowboys forward Darrell Williams quickly dampened all the good that came from last week’s bounce back efforts that featured wins over Missouri and Oklahoma.
OSU coach Travis Ford announced Monday that Williams “will not travel or play while the legal issues are addressed.” With this case slow to develop, it’s best to write off Williams for the rest of this season, just as he was starting to make an impact on the floor.
Back to Pilgrim, who now finds himself shouldering a heavier load, if not the Cowboys’ already flimsy NCAA Tournament chances. For a guy team insiders have said is often paralyzed on the court with “a fear of failure,” it will be interesting to see how he responds.
Oh, Pilgrim is capable. Late last season, as the Cowboys stormed down the stretch, Pilgrim played a key role, running and dunking and rebounding while showing off his crazy athleticism. But that impact play has mostly disappeared this season, although Pilgrim has better of late. Mostly, he’s played harder, which is half the battle with him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients