OSU-Baylor: Five Keys
By John Helsley
follow on Twitter @jjhelsley
Senior Night in Gallagher-Iba Arena.
And while a detoured season – and detoured careers of the three: Marshall Moses, Matt Pilgrim and Nick Sidorakis – probably limits some of the fuzzy feel-goodness of the proceedings, there’s something to be said for each man’s journey.
* Moses nearly quit, yet stuck it out and became a captain and a hard-working force for the Cowboys, while playing out of position.
* Sidorakis never reached his potential, due to a series of nagging injuries at OSU, including a bad back that plagued him this season. But his value as a leader and stout character guy shouldn’t go overlooked.
* Pilgrim’s path revealed a series of ups and downs. Yet, just when it looked like he may drift out of sight quietly, he’s played his best – and his hardest – of late.
In advance of Senior Night, Moses (with help) has produced a video of his career highlights dating back to his prep days in Aiken, S.C. It’s really well done.
And dig the Michael Buble backdrop.
As for tonight’s main event, the clash with Baylor, the Cowboys continue their quest for some late-season momentum into, presumably, the NIT.
1. Senior Sendoff. OK, so it hasn’t been the season everyone expected. But the guys going out have all been a part of good times at OSU. So give them a proper salute before getting up for Scott Drew and the Bears, which isn’t all that hard for Cowboys fans.
2. Man Up. Bottom line: this is a bad matchup for the Cowboys, especially with Darrell Williams no longer available. Going 6-11, 6-11, 6-10 across the front line, the Bears hold a major advantage in size. OSU’s only answer is to play big and play tough. And, at all costs, play smart. None of the silly fouls that regularly haunt the Pokes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5743Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5628OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 5567Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients