OSU-KU: Five Keys
By John Helsley
follow on Twitter at jjhelsley
First, the good news: the Cowboys bounced back from their dismal Bedlam showing to beat Nebraska and push their record in first-round games at the Big 12 Tournament to 9-0.
The bad news: with that comes a Round 2 date with the Kansas Jayhawks, the same Jayhawks who administered the worst defeat of the Travis Ford era, 92-65, just weeks ago in Lawrence.
Can the Cowboys win? Uh, sure, but many, many things must happen, aside from a breakdwon of the bus carrying the Hawks to the Sprint Center.
1. Hang Around. Ford said as much yesterday, just hang around, hopefully while KU slumbers through a morning game that hasn’t earned their interest, considering the previous meeting. Hang around and keep hanging until it’s crunch time, then get somebody, anybody, to hit some shots and put some pressure on KU, allowing for a stunning of the No. 1 seed.
2. Lawrence East. This isn’t Lawrence, but it’s close — both in proximity and feel, with the Jayhawks fans gobbling up tickets like they always do. There will be a pocket of orange in the stands, but make no mistake, this is no neutral floor, even if the K-State crowd and everybody else gangs up on KU.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients