Ford Appreciates Fans
By John Helsley
follow on Twitter @jjhelsley
At first glance, the crowd of 5,342 inside Gallagher-Iba Arena for OSU’s NIT opener against Harvard might seem disappointing.
Cowboys coach Travis Ford was thrilled.
Consider the challenges the school faced in selling the game:
* Spring Break virtually eliminated the student faction, with the campus a ghost town.
* The athletic department was dealing with a short turnaround for sales, with the announcement of the game coming late Sunday night and the game set for Tuesday.
* The weather outside was absolutely perfect – pleasant and calm. Who wanted to be indoors?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients