Weeden talks Jimmie Austin, The Masters
by Brandon Chatmon
Follow me on Twitter @BChatmon
It’s not unusual to see Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden on enemy territory at Oklahoma’s Jimmie Austin golf course. And he doesn’t hesitate to wear school colors.
“I wear orange,” said Weeden, who often joins friends on OU’s home golf course. “I wear an OSU golf hat. They know who I am and I’ve played with most of the guys so they are pretty cool. They’re all older, more mature guys. The pro there is one of my good friends.”
An avid golfer and walk on member of the OSU golf squad, Weeden made former OSU standout Rickie Fowler his Masters pick.
“I’m going to take Rickie,” Weeden said last Friday. “If you think about it, it’s usually a guy who hasn’t won a tournament. I got the chance to play with Rickie two Fridays ago and the guy is unbelievable, he a little bitty guy and just pounds the golf ball. It’s stupid.”
Fowler was in the hunt at -2 after the first round at Augusta on Thursday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients