Several hidden gems in ’09, Part I
One of the main reasons for Oklahoma State’s recent rise has been quality evaluation on the recruiting trail. Running back Kendall Hunter, a two-time All-American, was a hidden gem out of Tyler, Texas and 2010 Biletnikoff Award winner Justin Blackmon was an overlooked prospect out of Plainview High School in Ardmore.
Here’s a look back at OSU’s recruiting Class of 2009 with a detailed look at each recruit, their ranking when they arrived on campus and their production or potential in the two years since joining the program. (In an effort to keep this from being the longest blog known to man, I’ll break the class into several different blogs in the next few days)
Overall class rankings
Rivals ranking: #36
Scout ranking: #45
ESPN.com ranking: unranked
Levy Adcock, tackle
Rivals ranking: Zero stars
Scout ranking: N/A
Other offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado
Impact on the program: Has become one of the top offensive linemen in the Big 12 and the nation. Plays with great intensity and is extremely consistent.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4167Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3427Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3248Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients