Could changes impact the Pokes?
The Big 12 moved two more conference games on Thursday, with Oklahoma’s battle with Iowa State moved to Nov. 26 and the Cyclones game against Kansas State was moved to Dec. 3, joining Bedlam and Texas vs. Baylor.
Why should Oklahoma State care?
Because the moves could impact the Pokes in both positive and negative ways.
On the positive side, OU now has a game on Thanksgiving weekend, meaning OSU will have more time to prepare for Bedlam than the Sooners. The Cowboys last game before Bedlam is their Nov. 18 tilt with Iowa State. That gives OSU more than two weeks to prepare for its final game of the season.
On the negative side, Iowa State will now have a bye the week before the Cowboys travel to Ames for their Friday matchup in mid-November. Meanwhile, OSU will have a tough test in Lubbock against Texas Tech just six days before they hit the field to battle Iowa State.
It already would have been a tough task to play back-to-back Big 12 games in six days. And now, unless their schedule changes, the Cyclones will have 13 days to prepare for the Pokes. That will give ISU the opportunity to sit at home preparing to face OSU with their minds on making a statement on national television while the Cowboys are taking on the Red Raiders in Lubbock.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients