Niners’ GM has high expectations for Hunter
When Kendall Hunter was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2011 NFL Draft, it appeared he could be the perfect “change of pace” back under new coach Jim Harbaugh.
But 49ers’ GM Trent Baalke expects much more from Hunter calling him “A four-down contributor” while talking with reporters about the Niners draft picks. Here’s a summary of Baalke’s thoughts on Hunter via sfgate.com:
“RB Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State (4th round, no. 115): His three clips included two long runs with Hunter reading blocks well and stepping through tackles. Baalke doesn’t believe Hunter is a change-of-pace back, despite his stature (5-7, 200 pounds). He has a good combination of quickness, strength and explosion, he also impressed Baalke with his pass-protection skills at the combine.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients