Athlon Puts Pokes at No. …
By John Helsley
follow on twitter @jjhelsley
The countdown is on at AthlonSports.com, with the website previewing its Top 25 and providing a hint of what’s to come in its summer magazine, coming to newstands near you very soon.
In a show of consistency, Athlon places Texas A&M one spot ahead of the Cowboys at No. 11. The folks at Athlon had previously picked the Pokes for third place in the Big 12, behind the Aggies and Oklahoma, which has yet to be revealed in the daily countdown to No. 1.
Behind OSU, the only other Big 12 squads in the Top 25 are Texas at No. 24 and Missouri at No. 25.
Along with the Top 25, there’s plenty of other fun nuggets to peruse. Athlon produced several lists, including one for the 10 greatest Cowboys in school history. Hint: the top two, no surprise, are running backs. Still, there are some interesting picks — Zac Robinson?
What about your top 10? Who would you include in your list of the elite all-time?
And what about your greatest Cowboys moments, another feature, along with a time-honored tradition borrowed from the magazine that features OSU cheerleaders through the years. Too bad UCLA didn’t crack the rankings!
There’s even a sneek peak at what you’ll find in the magazine preview, with a look at the cover and the question, “Can Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon do it again?” Weigh in on the online debate of who has the best offense in the state of Oklahoma?
Lots to look at and ponder, filling a May football fix as we prepare for the arrival of the summer football annuals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients