ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit: Can OSU’s ‘defense hold up and slow some people down?’
ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit talked to The Oklahoman‘s Mel Bracht on Thursday about the Cowboys’ 2011 season:
The Cowboys are going to score a ton of points. With Justin Blackmon having a chance to come back and see what he can do with (Brandon) Weeden, I think Oklahoma State is going to be a team that is going to score a ton. The big question with them, is can their defense hold up and slow some people down? I think Bill Young is an outstanding defensive coordinator. I think in the last year or two you could see that Mike (Gundy) has made more of an effort to get more athletic ability on defense. There is a lot of youth over there. It’s hard to really know how good they can be. But for them to become a team that will challenge Oklahoma and Texas A&M and have a chance to get to a BCS bowl game, it obviously is going to be up to their defense.
What do you think?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims
- 8657Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8525Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7578Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients