Walk-ons Colton Chelf, Casey LaBrue, Kyle Hale awarded scholarships
Three Oklahoma State football walk-ons–senior wide receiver Colton Chelf, senior offensive lineman Casey LaBrue and sophomore safety Kyle Hale–have been awarded scholarships, the program announced Friday.
“Young men that walk on to our program and work extremely hard will have an opportunity to earn a scholarship when we have any money left over that we can give to them,” coach Mike Gundy said. “We certainly want to do it because they are what college football is all about. Guys that love to play the game and they start out doing it for free–I think it’s a show of the direction we’re going and what we stand for, which is trying to do the right thing.”
Chelf, the brother of backup quarterback Clint Chelf, was a productive member of the Cowboys’ receiving corps last season, catching 11 passes for 200 yards and a touchdown. He’s currently listed as Tracy Moore’s backup at one of the inside receiver spots.
LaBrue, the Cowboys’ backup center, played in five games last season.
Hale recorded six tackles in 12 games played last season and made his biggest impact on special teams.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients