OSU 36, Arizona 10: Thoughts and observations
— Did you expect anything less from this Oklahoma State team? They did what they were supposed to do, which is win comfortably against a team they are better than.
— It was clear OSU wanted it more and the 11-win season was important to the Pokes.
— The defense won the Alamo Bowl. Three turnovers and they allowed only 390 yards on 88 plays. That’s 4.2 yards per play. Bill Young’s group was superb. So much for the high-scoring shootout.
— Tonight’s pass rush may have been the best pass rush I saw all season from OSU. Five sacks and plenty of hurries on Nick Foles.
— Anytime you have a plus-4 turnover margin, you are probably going to win.
— Lou Groza Award winner Dan Bailey deserves strong recognition. Everyone wondered what would happen with Quinn Sharp out and Bailey was 3 of 3 field goals including a 50-yarder and had five punts averaging 39 yards per punt. He was outstanding as well. Both of OSU’s national award winners showed why they earned national honors.
— OSU set a physical tone and that’s a big reason they won the game.
— Justin Blackmon earned the MVP honors with his performance. Simply outstanding. He’s the best receiver in college football.
— One overlooked stat from the Cowboy offense: ZERO turnovers.
— I was surprised to see Kendall Hunter finish with just 10 carries but OSU only ran 61 total plays.
— Arizona had 25 first downs, 370 total yards and was 9 of 21 on third down. But scored just 10 points. Another example of the Pokes’ defense making plays when they need to.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients