Michael Harrison update: Not dismissed, but don’t expect to see him in 2012
Tons of rumors have been swirling about the status of Oklahoma State wide receiver Michael Harrison the past three days or so.
It is my understanding that Harrison has not been dismissed from the team, as other reports have indicated. But I don’t expect to see him play in 2012.
A source told The Oklahoman Sunday night that the Cowboys were “not counting on (Harrison)” playing this season but did not say he had been dismissed.
Harrison’s absence would be a pretty significant blow to the OSU passing game, as he was expected to slide into a starting role on the outside and at least help make up for the loss of star wide receiver Justin Blackmon. Harrison tallied 20 catches for 255 yards and three touchdowns as a sophomore in 2011.
Without Harrison, an already thin group returning at receiver for OSU is even thinner, as Josh Cooper, Hubert Anyiam and Colton Chelf were all seniors this past season.
Tracy Moore (45 catches, 672 yards, four touchdowns), Isaiah Anderson (28 catches, 315 yards, four touchdowns) and Josh Stewart (19 catches, 291 yards, two touchdowns) will be the top returning wide receivers in 2012.
OSU signed six wide receivers — C.J. Curry, Austin Hays, Jhajuan Seales, Brandon Sheperd, Jesse Vester and Blake Webb — in its 2012 recruiting class. The Cowboys also signed pass-catching junior college tight end Blake Jackson, and athlete Dominic Ramacher is expected to start his OSU career as a tight end-receiver.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6132Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5722Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5312Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients