QB Danny O’Brien to Oklahoma State?
Pat Jones mentioned on The Sports Animal today that former Maryland quarterback Danny O’Brien has interest in transferring to Oklahoma State.
O’Brien’s announcement earlier this month that he would leave Maryland created some buzz because of Terps coach Randy Edsall’s initial restrictions barring O’Brien from transferring to 16 schools, which has since been lifted. Since O’Brien, a redshirt sophomore in 2011, graduates this spring, he would be able to play right away at his new school as long as he enrolled in a graduate program not offered at Maryland. He would have two years of eligibility left.
This Washington Post piece reports that people close to O’Brien say “at least a dozen well-recognized programs have expressed strong interest, including multiple schools that played in BCS games the past two seasons and perennial contenders from the Big 12, SEC and Big Ten.”
OSU certainly fits that description, with the Cowboys winning 41 games during the past four seasons and capturing their first Big 12 title and a Fiesta Bowl victory last season.
OSU runs a high-powered, pass-happy spread offense and is searching for its next quarterback after the departure of superstar Brandon Weeden. It makes complete sense that OSU would be an attractive option. I thought the same thing when rumors surfaced that former Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler was considering using the “Russell Wilson rule” to transfer for his final year of eligibility before instead opting to declare for the NFL Draft.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6703Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6459Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5978Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients